Buist Academy has a proud history of educational excellence. This year promises to be a rewarding one as we build on our past success and embark on a new journey of growth and possibility.
The Buist Academy Foundation’s mission is to advance and strengthen the educational experience for students and the greater Buist community. It’s a volunteer-driven, non-profit 501(c)(3) created to serve and support the children, educators, and families of Buist Academy.
The Foundation seeks to organize and utilize the time, treasure and talent of our families to help make Buist the best school it can be for our children. We hope you will join us and be a part of our efforts to achieve excellence.
Please see our Volunteer Page for opportunities to help with programming throughout the school year. Click here for our Buist Volunteer Form.
Each year the Foundation raises $100K to support our students, teachers, and administration, and we work closely with our principal, Mrs. White, to determine what those needs are. This typically translates to funding elements of education that the district and the state are unable to provide. We focus our efforts on four primary areas: Academic Enrichment, Student Life & Community, Teacher Support, and Facilities.
Funding highlights from last year include:
- Teacher/Staff Support – Teacher of month awards, Teacher Appreciation Week, Staff Recognition, Classroom Supplies, $15,500
- Teacher Professional Development – Includes IB continuing education, registration, travel, etc. for our teachers, $14,000
- Each year the Foundation spends nearly $20,000 on sponsored programming (listed below)
- Water Fountains- $13,000
- Online Education Programs – Supplemental curriculum to be used inside and outside the classroom and during the summer, including NewsELA, Discovery Education, IXL, AR Reading Program, $12,900
- STEM Lab equipment, $6,000
- Headphones: For student testing and classroom use, $6,000
- Flexible Seating: Alternative seating options for grades K-4th, $5,000
- Literary Speaker/Programs, $1,700
- Building Equipment for Flood/Hurricane Damage: Purchased fans and dehumidifier for four classrooms, $1,500
- A defibrillator for the 3rd Floor of the School, $1,000
- Books for 2nd Grade Library, $800
- Basketballs for Boys and Girls Teams, $500
- National Association of School Nurses Membership, $140